Now Generation was started in 2015 as a result of Dr Lynette Maguire’s doctoral research at the University of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. Lynette’s research looked at the rise of narcissism and violence in our culture and how the internet and social media are impacting the behaviours and belief systems of our younger generations.
Graduating in 2015 with the University’s Chancellor’s Medal, the highest award given to a graduating student, Lynette now spends her time speaking at conferences and running workshops and masterclasses around the world.
Now Generation responds to many social issues by educating children, teens, parents, and business people by taking specific knowledge to schools and workplaces globally.
Dr Maguire’s areas of expertise include:
- the impact generational changes have on our culture, including the impact on businesses, not for profit organisations and workplace behaviours
- the changes in parenting styles which are encouraging entitlement mentality in our teens and how this impacts our social, business and cultural worlds
- the increase of narcissism in western cultures – trends, pitfalls and impacts of the ‘what about me’ mentality
- the increase of violence and violent behaviour, including hypermasculinity, and a cultural desensitisation to violence in our world
- the impact internet and social media has on behaviour with an increase in cyberbullying and teen suicide
- the very disturbing effects the porn industry is having on our teens and the future effects this will have on our society
- veganism -vs – carnism
Lynette’s knowledge base is forever expanding as her research takes her to new realms of behaviour, including cultural, behavioural and market trends. In fact, Lynette is expanding her research to a PhD in Public Health, investigating the key socio-environmental impactors to teen mental health and well being, in order fight against the disturbing rise in suicide of that age group.
Want more information?
Dr Lynette’s academic research is now available: Is social networking increasing narcissism and violence in teens?
Dr Maguire’s book Selfies, sexting, suicide and savagery: Welcome to the era of narcissism will be released in 2017. This is an expansion of Dr Lynette’s research and is written to the parents and caregivers of teens. It’s easy to read and provides some great tips on many of the impactors of teen behaviour.
You can pre-order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lynette’s achievements include:
Sessional tutor, University of Sunshine Coast
2015 Chancellor’s Medallist, University of Sunshine Coast
Past Council Member, University of Sunshine Coast
Past President, Student Guild, University of Sunshine Coast
Past President, Golden Key Honours Society, University of Sunshine Coast
Board Member, Harm Minimisation Inc
Board Member, Hair Aid Inc
Chief Executive Officer, My Wedding Wish Ltd
QCAT JP Magistrate, Maroochydore Magistrates Courthouse
Owner, Elope to Australia
Civil Marriage Celebrant